Tuesday, July 8, 2008

New Duties for the Admiral and Captain

After getting into the Erie Canal we are quite a bit more active through the day managing the locking-through experience. Here is Marlene holding on to a lock line from the bow of the boat. I'm doing the same thing from the stern. We have about 35 of these on the Erie Canal alone.

My duties have changed too. The Admiral gave me a list of things to buy at a grocery store about 2 miles away. Turns out I had about $60 worth of groceries in the two saddle bags of my bike plus a 24 bottle pack of water on the rack.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you folks are bookin'! We're still savoring our time with you in Annapolis, and here you are already past ol "Canjo" in upstate NY and likely you've already done the locks at Little Falls, highest one on your trip, I believe. Marlene, congrats on the promotion to Admiral -- well deserved! God bless you guys, Stan & Jane