Monday, May 19, 2008

Charleston to Georgetown to Myrtle Beach

Just in case you've check out blog and no entries recently, my laptop card went on the blink and a new one will not be here for a week. I'm typing this from the North Myrtle Beach Library computer.

We anchored out in front of downtown Georgetown, SC. A quaint little town with a lot of history too. It's the third oldest town in the state. We toured a home of one of the former plantation owners where most of the furniture was over 200 years old.

As for our anchoring out experience, the boat kept coming loose from its muddy mooring. Marlene and I got a workout resetting the hook a few times. I woke up Saturday morning to the sound of our boat tapping against another. Fortunately it appeared to be an abandoned sailboat - but a little unnerving just the same.

Pictures and more posts will be forthcoming as soon as I get my new laptop air card from AT&T.

1 comment:

acarolyns said...

I must say you are moving right along..up the eastern seaboard..exciting to read your blogs. We are back from 10 days in the Southland. Loved visiting with family and friends...
Great to catch up with you. The Shoenbergers were in Bethel yesterday visiting their son, Todd. They speak very highly of you two and we agreed..Take care..
Later,
Sis