Friday, December 12, 2008

WE FINISHED THE LOOP!!

....or, as fellow loopers say, we crossed our wake at this spot where we began our journey 8 months and 11 days ago and over 6000 miles. This works out to 36 weeks and 4 days. So we stopped the boat and drifted for a few minutes to take these pictures before moving up the Caloosahatchee River where our boat will be docked.
I finally got the camera to work so we could both be in the picture. But I like the other one much better. She honestly deserves so much of the credit for making this adventure a success. To say that I couldn't have done it without her is an understatement. In this, our 43rd year of marriage, it only gets better every year!

Dolphins were everywhere as we came into port. The Admiral caught this one in mid-air. Even when we stopped about 6 or 7 were gathered near our boat as if to say "Welcome Home"


7 comments:

Jamie Willow said...

does that mean you are heading back to MN soon? or are you gonna go one more time :) I hope you keep blogging, it is such a nice way to stay connected.

acarolyns said...

What a wonderful trip you two have experienced. We are so happy for you to be able to do this and glad we could have had a small part in meeting with you in Annapolis.
We are in Denver enjoying the wonderful production of Randy's (Christmas at the Ranch) at Cherry Hills Communnity Church. I think it is the best I have ever seen!! You would be so proud of your nephew. Saw a few relatives last night including Sandra, Tim, Bryce and all of Randy's family. (A little mini reunion. We talked of the upcoming 'GFR' with much anticipation.) Enjoy your last few days in the warm fuzzy climate. Remembering Dad too, since this is his birthday.
Love you,
Sis

Kyle Groves said...

Incredible! What an accomplishment. I'm so proud of what you 2 did. I'm also really looking forward to seeing you more often. Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Sharon Benjamin said...

Hi Marlene, don't know if you remember me, I ran across your blog looking for something else, I have been following it. How exciting! You are still so beautiful and have a beautiful family. I also remember your husband's family from Hot Springs, AR when I worked at Hillcrest. The Groves were wonderful supporters of the home and very kind and generous to the staff.

I will never forget your parents, Marlene, over the years I often found myself comparing my pastors to Bro Frick..they never measured up! He is the one who actually prayed with me to receive Christ so many years ago and what I learned from his teaching is still in me today. I dearly loved him and your mother, I can picture her now, she was wonderful. I just wanted to say hello and congratulations on completing your wonderful adventure. Have a wonderful Christmas!
Sharon Benjamin

Joy @ Sea said...

Special Note to Sharon Benjamin: "Thank you, Sharon! So good to hear from you! Please email me at malinakai@msn.com.
Marlene

Anonymous said...

So clean sea with little dolphin. Lovely!!!