Sunday, June 15, 2008

Annapolis with Carolyn and Jon







Arriving Tuesday evening of this past week, my sister and brother-in-law Carolyn and Jon Silvester joined us as we toured the Naval Academy, then to Washington, D.C. to visit the Holocaust Museum and our Nation's Capitol. In between these events, we found time to dine in some great restaurants as noted above. Jon and Carolyn stayed at a bed and breakfast just a few block from the boat and furnished a big car for us to get around in, including several trips for our provisioning for the next few days. We also had the chance to take them on a cruise of Chesapeake Bay and up the Severn River. The week was complete with our Sunday morning attendance at the Naval Academy Chapel, with Stan Tukarski and Jon's college buddy, Gary Cook joining us for the day.



3 comments:

acarolyns said...

From Gary -
Thanks for posting the after-church photo at the Naval Academy. I appreciated the time I had with you. Best wishes as you continue on your voyage.

acarolyns said...

We had such a wonderful time with you guys. Today we toured Oxford, rode the nine car Ferry over to St Michael's and then went to Laura Ashley's home that has been converted into a plush hotel. Gary is a great tour guide. A thunderstorm accompanied us back to Annapolis and really cooled things off. Tonight we had dinner at Phillips and finely got those delicious crab cakes. We hate to leave this gorgeous little city. As we write ... your spot is open over on the city dock and we miss you!!
Thanks again for a wonderful time.

Lisa Groves said...

Two things I have never seen before about the men in my life:
1. My brother Stan with a foot cast. This is a difficult man to slow down. You should hear his story of skiing in the alps surviving an avalanche in a snowbound cabin for months on end existing on only a can of beans! So sorry for your short-termed handicap Stash, you'll be back on the mountain soon!
2. My father-in-law with a beard! My brother has had one or two forms of facial hair for as long as I can rememeber, but I would have to say, this is a first for my father-in-law! AND it's totally white! Looks cool dad!